This Idaho District Export Council (DEC) event will help exporters identify financial resources to succeed and learn new opportunities to increase export sales. You can attend in person at the Zions Bank Building in downtown Boise or online.
Idaho DEC members are experienced exporters and business people who regularly provide information and support services to exporting companies. DEC members provide a unique source of professional advice to help other Idaho firms compete and win business in the international marketplace.
EXPORTERS WILL LEARN THE FOLLOWING:
1. Due Diligence Steps to Help Mitigating Risk of Non-payment
- Country risk considerations and resources
- Buyer creditworthiness: commercial and government reports to help with due diligence
- Insurance options: credit & political risk insurance, cargo risk insurance
- INCOTERMS: FOB, CIF, FAS, ExWorks—terms and words matter
2. International Payment Terms and Methods
- Export Letters of Credit – This payment method is prominent in today’s global marketplace. Issued by the foreign buyer’s bank, a commercial letter of credit ensures you are paid in full for goods shipped, as long you adhere to conditions set in the letter of credit. The bank’s commitment to payment shifts buyer credit risk to bank credit strength.
- Documentary Collections – A low-cost payment option for international shipments that lends security and legitimacy. With these transactions, the buyer’s bank acts as a security agent and holds title documents in exchange for payment.
- Wire Transfers with Credit Insurance – International wires offer an inexpensive way to receive global payments. Conveying proper routing instructions helps expedite payments.
3. Access to Working Capital and Export Financing Resources
- Many guaranteed loan products exist to help businesses obtain capital to sell goods in another country. Designed to promote exporting, these programs provide financing and offer a 90 percent loan guarantee to a bank, which incents the banks to lend to exporters.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) programs
- Export-Import Bank (EX-IM) of the US, and
- Asset-Based Lending (ABL), with specific focus on the SBA programs
- Within these topics, you will learn the details of the programs, loan eligibility, ideas for which the funds can be used, and relatable financing situations.
- REGISTER HERE
- Date – February 22, 2023, from 1-3 pm
- Location – Zions Bank Building, 800 Main Street, Boise, ID
Lewis & Clark Conference Room on the 6th Floor
The presentation is also available ONLINE
- The cost is $25/per person
Trish McCarthy, Head of Client Services, Impello Global Insurance Services
Kristin Kyle-McQuesten, Vice President, Trade Finance Manager, Banner Bank
Shane Hamblin, Vice President, International Banker, Zions Bank
Thanks to Our DEC Sponsors for Supporting the DEC and This Event